The Merlin Go-Karts have been equipped with a few different master cylinders through the years. The types of master cylinder are the Large Volume and the Small Volume.
The newest Merlin Go-Karts come with the Large Volume Master Cylinder with a 22mm piston/cylinder bore diameter. But, you may have a Small Volume Master Cylinder with a 19mm piston/cylinder bore diameter or a 22mm piston/cylinder bore diameter.
You can find the Master Cylinder and parts here:
|Merlin Large Volume Master Cylinder with 22mm piston||Merlin Small Volume Master Cylinder with 19mm and 22mm piston|
To know which cylinder you have, you can figure out by measuring and/or comparing the aluminum cover.
The Large Volume Master Cylinder Aluminum cover is:
- 54mm x 37mm
- Cover screws are horizontal from one another
- More rectangle in shape
The Small Volume Master Cylinder Aluminum cover is:
- 53mm x 28mm
- Cover screws are diagonal from one another
- Shorter sides are rounded
Rebuilding your Master Cylinder should be done on a regular basis to keep it in good condition. A few ways to know when to rebuild is:
- You don't remember or know the last time it has been changed
- Experiencing discolored, dirty brake fluid
- Experiencing a soft brake pedal
- More than average air in brake system
- If you just like to keep your equipment in tip top shape
Master Cylinder Re-build kits are available for all cylinders mentioned above.